Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 1 - Saturday May 22nd

When I moved to New York in 2005 my dad came with me. He loaded up and drove all of my earthly possessions on the back of his semi. He stayed with me for a few days and helped me get settled. And then he left. It was real. I was living in New York City. Thousands of miles away from home. It was something I had been planning for months, but that didn't seem real at all (even when I arrived in New York) until my dad left that day. That's exactly how this morning felt. Today was the day. The beginning of this amazing journey I'd had in the back of my mind for years, and had been seriously planning for several months, but still didn't seem real. I am scared of going without a partner. I am grateful to be able to go. To have the money, to have the courage, to have the resources. I am in such gratitude for the beautiful home that I live in that is filled with so much love - what a wonderful place to have to come back to after my journey. I am sad that I couldn't take everyone with me and that I would be physically without them for a whole season. I am so excited for all of the unknown that awaits me. The places I will see, the people I will connect with, the love that I will spread everywhere I go. David, Nathan, Danielle and I were squeezed in the backseat on the way to the airport. That was perfect. It was exactly how I wanted to be. They all got out of the car and we said our goodbyes at the curb. Davina was crying, which of course made me cry. Danielle and I pressed our foreheads together. Nathan kissed both of my cheeks. David and I hugged. I didn't want to let go of him. It was the hardest for me to say goodbye to him for a lot of reasons, but the biggest one being that I pretty much see him every day. It's nearly impossible to have a bad day when he is around. He has such a calming effect on me and I will miss sharing space with him.

The flight was awesome.


and we sat next to his totally cute New York boy, Paul. He lives in Brooklyn with his girlfriend. He overheard lots of our conversation and thought we were hilarious.

We hopped on the airtrain and then the subway, and Magda met us outside the station @ Fresh Pond.

(this is the view out the window of our bedroom)


We dropped our crap off and then hopped back on the train into the city.




I love Little Italy. I have a favorite restaurant there, Rudy's, and I couldn't tell you where it is, but I always seem to find it. Dinner was fantastic. We shared stuffedmanicotti and an eggplant parm hero.

Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa

Afterwards we walked up to Rice to Riches and shared an Epic bowl filled with half French Toast rice pudding and half Cheesecake rice pudding. It was amazing.

The whole night we were bombarded with cute boys. I don't what the deal was, but it was insane. There are so many beautiful people here - women too. I made so many different noises as people passed us by, I couldn't even describe them all. So did Laura. People at her old work used to gauge someones hotness by how soon they'd have sex with them so they'd say like "Eh....2 months" or "Hells yeah! 30 seconds!" That's what we were doing too. We got down to as soon as 1.5 seconds figuring that's how long it would take us to bend over and get in position.

We walked over to Washington Square


and there a big ass piano in the middle of the square and a few other dudes with guitars and a drum set. They were doing covers and it was awesome. Madonna, The BeeGees, Stevie Wonder.

Posted by Picasa
We thought it'd be fun to get a drink and maybe talk to some boys so we found a random bar downtown that looked cute enough and we popped in. We sat in the window and we were playing 1 in 100. Basically you keep track of the first hundred people who pass by and keep track of how many you would bone. That was super fun, but I lost count after like 30. It's hard to keep track of two changing numbers in your head like that. Then we looked around and the bartenders were holding hands with people across the bar. Then we picked up a free publication and it was totally homo. Then we saw this jar of free condoms along with advertisements for free needle exchange. Ha! We were in a gay bar. Now wonder no one was paying attention to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment