Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 2 - Sunday May 23rd

Today we started with brunch at GustOrganics. Totally unplanned, we were just walking by and it looked too cute to pass up.



This is an attempt to snap a picture of the hot waiter without him knowing.


Beautiful breakfast....omelet with sweet corn, red bell peppers and zucchini, awesome salad and a vegan croissant.

And our waiter brought us free flan! It was the best flan I've ever had in my life. I licked the plate clean. Literally. That's how good it was.

We stopped at Whole Foods for snacks on our way to lounge in Union Square

Posted by Picasa

Some random dude was pervin on my blondie cakes so I offered him one. We chatted for a while, but he turned out to be kind of weird. I don't know if there's something about me that makes people want to spill their guts or what, but I really don't need to know that you broke up with your girlfriend, didn't shower for two weeks and had extremely long finger and toe nails, and won "cleanest chicken" award at the Arkansas State Fair. But you know, I was polite and listened to the poor guy. He said I radiated kindness, wisdom and sophistication....hmmm.....I'll give you the kindness part, but sophistication and wisdom? That's a bit of a stretch.

(this is me talking to random dude)


Then I talked to the love of my life, Davina. Talking to her was soooo great. I was feeling a little low on love and the energy that I'm used to getting at Care-A-Lot, but talking to her totally filled me right back up. Then I took a nap. The photo above and the one below is the lovely view I had laying on my back in my perfect napping spot.


Right outside Union Square


This is Laura's attempt to get a decent picture of the two of us. Clearly I was having none of this.




Other side of Union Sq uare

Laura and the Empire State Building


I want to live here. This picture doesn't do it justice. The rooftop and balcony gardens looked amazing.


Hey! Hey! Check out my boob!

Highline Park is sooooo cool. There are these old railroad tracks that were built two stories above the street level. They were abandoned forever until an amazing park was built on top of the tracks last year.

Sunset from Highline Park

Hudson River Park is also bitchin. It is built along the water on the west side so you have New Jersey across the water and Manhattan on the other side. Every so often there is an old pier that they have built something awesome on top of - a playground, a lookout point, etc. There are also really nice bathrooms, tons of grassy areas and several food vendors.


Laying in the grass watching the sunset from Hudson River Park



This is Laura's attempt to pretend like she was taking a picture of me, but really get the hot jogger man. She was too late. But damn he was fine.


There is a huge ass 4 story athletic club right on the water that is mostly open to the air. And the most amazing bike/running/walking paths all along the water for miles.

Getting tea bagged by the giant bulls of the bull on Wall Street

Cupping the giant balls of the bull. I love balls.

Mmmmm....greasy cheese pizza....




One of my new favorite spots....a third floor balcony at the end of Southstreet Seaport on the back side of Pier 17 with tons of super comfy lounge chairs that face this view:



After we had our fill of the bridge we started heading home. Until we came across this beautiful bar called The Paris. We decided if it was open we would go in. It was open, and it was gorgeous. It was built in the 1800's. We sat at the bar and Laura ordered a drink. The bartender brought it over and said it was on him and pointed to a really cute older guy leaned on the other side of the bar. I said damn, if I had known someone was buying I would've ordered something too. We weren't really sure what the protocol was when someone buys you a drink, but the bartender said we did just fine. We smiled and tipped our glasses and that was enough. After the dude (Mike) left, the bartender (Rob) said Mike was the owner of McMenamins - a restaurant that I love inside Southstreet Seaport. We stayed at the bar writing postcards and talking to Rob for a while before we headed home for real.

2 comments:

  1. Wax Darts!!!!

    Looks like you are having a blast. We miss you back at Care-A-Lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The City looks amazing Katie. SO much to do!
    LOL There was never a ball you couldn't handle.

    ReplyDelete