Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 8 - Saturday, May 29th

This morning I slept until after 11. It was exactly what I needed. I was still feeling sick, but definitely getting better and better. I checked out and then went to a coffee shop and waited for my dad to pick me up. How cool is that? I love it when things work out so perfectly. He pulled up and then we checked into our new hotel. I had scored another rockin deal through Priceline - the Grand Hyatt Midtown right on Park Avenue. I was super psyched. And it was just as Grand as it sounds. Our room was huge:


Posted by Picasa

Dad sat in the chair with the room service menu and kept exclaiming at the prices "$140 dollars for a goddamn bottle of Captain Morgan? You've gotta be fucking kidding me". "$28 for eggs? And the oatmeal off the kids menu is $3? That just doesn't add up." It was so hilarious.

I rested a bit and then we went to dinner at The Oak Room at the Plaza. It was soooooo beautiful:


Outside of the Plaza and the lobby:






Afterwards we met Terra and Jim for a drink at the Belmont Lounge. What a beautiful place! I loved it. We sat in a private little booth with big thick curtains that you could pull shut (we didn't). Jim was the cutest thing ever and I totally love him and Terra together. We all had Peppermint Patty's and hung out until it was time for them to go to their dinner reservation.

Dad and I went into Filene's Basement in Union Square. It's actually like 5 stories up. I think that is hilarious. And there I found the world's most perfect suitcase. I knew I loved Jessica Simpson for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment