Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 6 - May 27th

Today I just had the urge to go to Rockelfeller Center. So I did. I stopped at Magnolia Bakery and got this totally cute "Carrie" cupcake, among other things.


Shortly after, Terra met up with me and we walked over to Bryant Park. It was a beautiful day out.

This is on the walk over:


And these are in Bryant Park:








I talked to David. And then Danielle. And then Davina. Life was good.

Terra does this great thing like 3 times a day. She stops whatever she is doing and takes a one minute vacation to visulaize and manifest whatever her little heart desires. I love it.


We went to find a cafe with internet and stopped here, where I had the most beautiful (and the strongest!) cappucino of my life.


And eventually we made our way over to see Sex and the City 2. I was starting to feel a little woozy, but figured it was just from the uber strong coffee. And I really wanted to see the movie. The first theatre we went to was insane. We walked about 20 blocks up to the next one and I had a banana in my hand the whole time. The jokes were endless. Terra looked over at this one guy and said "I like your style". I thought that wsa really sweet, but he looked at her like she was nuts. We thought maybe he didn't speak English or something, but then he muttered "Thanks." The theatre in Chelsea was way better. The next show that had tickets available was two hours away so we went and waited at Starbucks until it was time. I had to pee and may I just say that my experience urinating at this Starbucks made a porter potty look like a fucking golden toilet.

I was waiting outside the door (it's a one person at a time kinda bathroom) and I noticed some crap smeared on the ground, but didn't really think anything of it. This is New York. People walk everywhere. Floors are dirty. Then this dude came up behind me and got in line and all the sudden started exclaiming that there was shit on the floor. Like actual shit. He walks in front of me to get closer to the shit and he says that it's fresh because it's still glistening. I'm still pretty unphased by all this and really don't understand what all the fuss is about. So there's shit on the ground outside the bathroom...whatever. Worse has happened. And I'm still waiting. There's lots of banging around going on in the bathroom and it occurs to me that it's probably an employee in there cleaning up whatever shit storm started with shitting outside the bathroom. But nope. A few minutes later out walks this grey haired man in a really nice three piece suit that was almost completely saturated from the waist down. He sort of blocked his face and scurried out saying "There's no more toilet paper in there". I grab a stack of napkins and go in to face the storm. And whoa, was it ever a fucking storm. There was shit EVERYWHERE. I shit you not. There was shit on the floor, all over the toilet seat, on the trash can, in the sink, on the guard rail next to the toilet. EVERYWHERE. And the smell. Oh christ, the smell. I seriously considered squatting in the corner and just peeing there. What would the fucking difference be? There was shit everywhere anyway. But I didn't. I laid napkins down covering the toilet seat, which actually kind of pained me because it seemed so wasteful. But I wanted to save my ass from having some strangers shit all over it. That was just more important in the moment. And I peed. I got the hell out of there. I also did what I swore I would never do - flush the toilet with my foot and open the bathroom door with a papertowel.

After that debacle we headed back to the theatre. This is us sitting on the floor waiting for them to let us in.



The movie was good, but I felt like I was watching it going back and forth between two different people. The one part of me that could totally appreciate the glitz and the glamour. And the other part of me that was annoyed with the relationship drama. And annoyed with the over indulgence. The girls take a vacation together and upon arrival there are 4 separate Mercedes with drivers waiting for them. Why would you want to each ride in separate cars? And stay in separate rooms? Why all the separateness? But I enjoyed it for what it was and was glad that I had seen it. There was a funny line "Hell to the no". We thought we'd start saying "Hell to the yeah" since we'd probably be saying yes a lot more than no and we really wanted to be able to use that line a lot.

During, and especially afterwards - whatever bug I had caught was catching up to me. I was shivery and achy and felt like I was dying. Terra was sweet as pie and we were right near a Whole Foods. Of course we were. She went in there and got me some real food. All I had eaten that day was crap from Magnolia, that really strong cappucino, and a banana. Not a good idea. And I was dehydrated. No wonder my body was pissed. She took me back to her house to continue taking care of me and I got to meet three of the sweet guys she is staying with - Matt, Corey and Elliot.

1 comment:

  1. love this entry katie...too funny and some good points too about the movie.

    ReplyDelete